Week 5 Fantasy Football Dynasty Waiver Wire Pickups
Updated: Dec 19, 2019
In this article, we're going to talk about players who are owned in 50% or less of Yahoo leagues who should be owned. We have 3 players for each position that we think should be owned for Week 5 and beyond.
1. Jacoby Brissett (35% owned) - The surprise heir apparent to Andrew Luck at the beginning of the season, Brissett has been more than adequate for the Colts this season. Next week, he's facing the Chiefs in Kansas City and he'll have to THROW to keep up with Mahomes. He's a definite streamer in shallow leagues and a bankable starter in 2-QB leagues for the rest of the season.
2. Andy Dalton (36% owned) - Dalton has been the beneficiary of a new offensive scheme by Bengal's coach Zac Taylor. Next week, he faces the Cardinals weak defense at home where I expect him to put up top-15 numbers.
3. Gardner Minshew II (15% owned) - Watching the Jaguars/Broncos game yesterday, I came away impressed by Minshew. He was elusive, smart, and had a decent arm. I'd feel comfortable streaming him any week where there is a possible negative game script. Next week he faces Carolina, which could be tough, but I wouldn't put it past Minshew to put up serviceable numbers for deep leagues and 2-QB leagues.
1. Darrel Williams (53% owned - a little more than 50%, but I had to add him here) - Until we hear definitive news about Damien Williams' knee injury, Darrel Williams should be universally owned. He is the Chief's preferred goal-line back and 1b option in the passing game to LeSean McCoy. Any time you can get any player getting significant snaps on this high-powered Chief's offense, YOU GRAB HIM!
2. Ronald Jones II (43% owned) - Usually, I wouldn't bother with any Buccaneer's RBs, but I can't ignore Jones II. Over the past two games, he has averaged 16.5 carries. I would pick him up and play him in your flex spot whenever the Buccaneers have a favorable matchup.
3. Jordan Wilkins (2% owned) - This is purely speculation, but if Mack misses time, I can see Wilkins getting the early down carries for the Colts. If the Colts face a negative game-script, Hynes will be the beneficiary, but as long as the games are relatively close, Wilkins will take on the Mack role. If you are a Mack owner, grab him immediately.
1. Jamison Crowder (45% owned) - Everyone's favorite waiver wire pickup after his monster week 1 game, Crowder could be getting his QB Sam Darnold back next week. This is incredible news for PPR & 1/2 PPR leagues! Once Darnold returns, he will be a target hog and get a respectable amount of yards each game.
2. Geronimo Allison (24% owned) - If Devante Adams misses any time, Allison becomes a solid WR2/Flex option. MVS is the clear #2 in the Green Bay offense, but if he were to be shadowed by the team's #1 corner, Allison would be the beneficiary and command a lot of targets.
3. Cole Beasley (12% owned) - The Bills paid Beasley for this reason: Be Josh Allen's safety valve. He's an automatic pickup in PPR leagues and deserves more attention in 1/2 PPR leagues, especially when the Bills could have a negative game script.
1. Vernon Davis (39% owned) - Whether it's Keenum, Haskins, or McCoy starting; Davis is going to get targets. At such a thin position, you want a TE getting guaranteed targets.
2. Jimmy Graham (35% owned) - Once Devante Adams went down last Thursday, Rodgers gave Graham a lot of targets. He might be a shell of himself, but he's still a solid route runner, tall, and has the trust of Rodgers. That's enough for him to be owned in a lot more leagues.
3. Chris Herndon (18% owned) - Despite not being able to play until Week 6, Herndon needs to be stashed in most leagues. With Darnold returning (and STARVING for playmakers), Herndon is going to EAT once he comes back Week 6 against the Cowboys. If you have a weak TE and/or an extra roster spot, make the move.
DEF & K Streamers & Pickups for Week 5
1. New Orleans (41% owned) - Facing the Buccaneers at home, I expect Winston to turn the ball over a few times while taking a few sacks. The Saints have an incredible frontline whom I expect to get to put pressure on Winston all game.
2. Carolina (15% owned) - The Panthers defense was great against a tough Texans offense last Sunday, and I think they'll be able to get the job done and keep the score low at home against the Jaguars.
3. Cincinnati (2% owned) - A Hail Mary play here, I expect Kyler Murray to put up points, but also make a few rookie mistakes and turn the ball over. This is a DEEP league stream.
1. Robbie Gould (32% owned) - Gould was dropped by a ton of teams due to the bye, but he needs to be picked back up and started with confidence.
2. Matt Bryant (30% owned) - The Falcons face a tough Titans defense next week, where I expect Matt Ryan and the Falcon's offense to be stopped short in the Red Zone a few times.
3. Josh Lambo (15% owned) - Lambo as been low-key balling out these past few weeks. His numbers the past few weeks are more of a testament to Gardner Minshew forcing his way into the Red Zone with his smarts and ability. Lambo will continue to be the beneficiary if the Jaguars stop short in the Red Zone. Great stream and possible starter in the right matchups.
Please comment and subscribe to our website! We want to build a community and have you be apart of it. :)
Jacob W Dunne